Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Baños Ecuador











We have descended down to 6000´to the town of Baños (baths). There is an actve volcano above us which we saw the smoke from as we descended, however today there were clouds and rain. We walked the town yesterday, bought some bootleg DVD´s (all for $1 each) and watched Juno. We decided that the movies will help us survive from becoming home sick. The place we are staying is amazing! Last night we stayed at a mediocre place with my new nemisis the rooster next door. I thought they only crow at sunrise but that is not correct, this one did it all night? So we moved into a great place further into the hills, below a waterfall and a nice quiet area. We are fresh off of a $25 massage and a thermal pool visit. We hope the weather holds for a hike or bike tomorrow.

Happy Birthday MOM!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Hey, Franklin, I'm really enjoying your pictures and adventures. Could you do a favor for these getting-older eyes? Make your pictures larger? Please? I want a REALLY close look at what you're seeing.
Love you,
A Dee