Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bolivia!


Our 5th day on the bus today brought us to the border of Bolivia and into the town of copacabana. We were both a bit worried about the border crossing, but as soon as we flashed $100 each, we were in! The Peru-Bolivian border here strandles the huge lake Titicaca (go ahead laugh Beavis and Butthead). The altitude here is right at 12000 feet, so it may look tropical but it is certainly fleece weather. Check out the foosball setup right on the beach!
We are happy to be on new frontiers and Em has booked us into a great little place above town! Our corner room will help us unwind from our past week. Then onto La Paz. Congratulations Joe and Haley Married Yesterday!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave and Emily
I must admit looking at you eat the GP made me almost loose my breakfast. I was proposed once by a guy from Bolivia. If only Pop Pop was here to tell the story. I am sure he is with you because you are traveling in his old stomping grounds.
BA